AutoNation - Great company to start a true career! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"Great company to start a true career!"

Current Employee - Booking Specialist in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Booking Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Autonation is a very attentive company reaching greatness in all levels of the auto dealing and auto service industry. They have great benefits for their employees and unlimitless opportunities of growth both personally and career wise. I've just been with AutoNation for a short period of time but have felt welcomed and appreciated from the beginning.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons yet and doubt I will, as long as I am able to fully reach my full potential.

Advice to Management

Push a bit more on the interactive side and keep reaching for greatness. The better you do the better the entire company does.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"Finance/Schedules Analyst"

Current Employee - Finance Schedules Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Finance Schedules Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice part of town, car unlikely to get broken into

Cons

HR recruiting performed by a young person fresh out of community college with little experience and even less professionalism, but that's fine because they are easily influencable and underpaid. Does not understand the requirements for a position, and how your experience is relevant. How can they put you in a position if they don't even understand how well of a fit you are? They will make up stories not to move you to a position you are qualified for.

The "accounting" department is busy hiring underqualified personell to keep labor costs down. Wanting to keep labor costs down is understandable, but there is significant risk associated with doing so, as well as a huge loss of efficiency.

The manager of the department is busy pushing her mustache agenda rather than empowering and promoting employees. Very narcissistic person who acts like she has something to prove; uses her power and plays inquisitor in order to demean you and make sure you know you role(beneath her).

The economy has businesses in a pinch and they at working hard to keep their numbers up. Everyone is hiring underqualified people in order to pay LOW wages, with the notion that they are trainable and can replace those with the proper credentials. And it shows with this company.

Advice to Management

Don't be so greedy. Underqualified, underpaid personell will only hurt you. Why do you think there is such HIGH turn over

2. "Very Positive"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Appears to be a very streamlined hiring process

Cons

Very long hiring process -