AutoNation - A Great Place To Work | Glassdoor

"A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for many years. I am in management. I work with a great group of people. We all work as a team to get the task done and we almost always come out on top every month. AutoNation cares about its employees and the local community.

Cons

I wish they would promote more from within and not look outside first. There are a bunch of talented people that get looked over. There may be more availabilty if we purchased more dealerships in Memphis. I think based on the performance of the stores here, the company should look into that. Also, there are no AutoNation owned luxury stores here in Memphis.

Advice to Management

I think it would be great if employees could get emails notifying them of job postings in their area before it goes public.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

1. "I have been with AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake for several years and have always enjoyed coming to work."

Current Employee - Manager in White Bear Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in White Bear Lake, MN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Management Team I work with is awesome. They have always been very positive in helping me to achieve the success that I have. They have encouraged me to learn and better myself and have always made sure I had access to what was needed to accomplish this. They have created an environment of respect and trust and made it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

I would say the only cons for working for AutoNation Ford White Bear Lake is all the emails received on a daily basis (which are good too for communication purposes), and having to deal with other employees who are having a bad day or don't feel the need to be a team player (which is inevitable in any workplace)

2. "Best Place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like the people I work with, I enjoy my job and my customers. AutoNation has the best dealerships in Memphis.

Cons

Wish there were more uniform choices. I dont mind wearing them, but the selection is so limited. Also, I think we should have the ability to roll over PTO days to the following year.

Advice to Management

Buy more dealerships in Memphis! Also, for benefits find a perscription plan that does not require mail orders. I wouldnt mind paying a little more if I could just go pick them up when I need them.