AutoNation - It's has its ups and downs. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"It's has its ups and downs."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee discount on automotive services.

Cons

Poor communication within certain departments. Issues that need to be addressed by management are often pushed to the side. Employee recognization and appreciation is low. There is a lack of kindness and caring, and an abundance of harrasment and disrespect between co-workers in certain departments.

Advice to Management

Show employees your appreciation for them. Truly listen to their concerns. Treat them as people with feelings and not just objects who make the company money.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

1. "AutoNationation AutoNation"

I worked at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in automotive sales and its processes via electronic & AD lead generation plus the typical new sales hire immediate warm leads IE family and friends.
    They have a good contact management software.

Cons

At the store level most of the stores management cannot see the forest through trees... meaning that they are only concerned with what corporate flavor desire of the month is.
    Store mangers are on the hamster wheel and must dance the six-sigma dance every moment without regard for the employees or customers, all the while putting on a happy face and taking everyone’s money to show corporate/investors/wall street the desired margins mostly from the backs of the store employees.

Advice to Management

You no longer have polished sales professionals for the most part with some exceptions, the original philosophy was "The Sales Person is King" "Nothing happens until the sales person sells a vehicle" ... no service...no parts...no accounting ... = unhappy investors/ traders/hedge funds folks who are watching carefully how you are pushing the decimal points forward.

2. "Excellent Corporation!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AutoNation is the best employer I have ever had. I started out at the bottom and worked my way through every department. Through my personal experience, I strongly support promoting from within. I would say to any person, looking to get into sales that AutoNation is the best place to be. This company has more growth potential than any other auto dealership.

Cons

I don't feel that there are any cons to working for AutoNation other than the hours. We put a lot of time into our jobs. They only disadvantage to working for a Corporation versus a smaller locally owned dealership, is sometimes the time frame needed to make decisions. Though, the advantages of working for a Corporation far out-weigh those of a locally owned dealership.

Advice to Management

Buy more stores in Memphis, and reduce the waiting period for benefits.