AutoNation - Unprofessional Interview | Glassdoor

"Unprofessional Interview"

Pros

Clean store and employees were nice

Cons

Pay only started at $9.00 an hour. They couldn't tell me what shift I would be working.

Advice to Management

Learn how to interview and at least send an email or call after the interview. Also don't tell applicant you will get me a higher hourly pay. Don't lie.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"The most depressing place to work."

Former Employee - Auto Technician in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Auto Technician in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the miserable work environment, there's actually some nice guys there.

Cons

They expect you to work 7-7 busy or not on a flat rate pay scale. Management is disconnected. The turnover rate is pathetic, morale is low, almost every person there is miserable. My supervisor didn't even speak fluent English. You're expected to be there every Saturday and Sunday 7-5/7-3. No money, this is a greedy selfish company. My advice is to get a job at a small family shop or dealership where you're appreciated, not this corporate abomination.

Advice to Management

Keep sitting in your comfy air conditioned office while the company erodes beneath you. You're all a joke.

"AutoNation Fortune 200 company with a family environment"

Current Employee - Ecommerce in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Ecommerce in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AutoNation is a real family environment, as it is a real team focused on a single goal. Teams work to push the envelope on innovation by addressing the needs of the customer. I am in a new team in eCommerce, which feels like an incubator with the backing/resources of a Fortune 200. Fun and challenging environment.

Cons

Biggest challenge is the industry. The teams are focused on changing a 100 year old industry with modern technologies. The constant friction point is the balance between the OEM and store change as the largest automotive retailer in the US.

Advice to Management

Never stop your relentless pursuit of delighting the customer. The team is 100% behind making a difference in the industry with the leadership of Mike Jackson and Mike Maroone at the helm.