AutoNation - Sales Associate for AutoNation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoNation

"Sales Associate for AutoNation"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Corpus Christi, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at AutoNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Training. Decent cut of "gross profit" per vehicle.

Cons

Very long hours. Always have charge backs on every car with no explanation or reason.

Advice to Management

Give more training. Make sure salesmen are not harassing other salesmen.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoNation

"STAY FAR AWAY FROM THE SHARED SERVICE CENTER!"

Former Employee - Accounting in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting in Irving, TX

I worked at AutoNation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

2 weeks paid vacation, Holiday pay, flexible hours (at least in my department) and decent benefits.

Cons

What a joke! The Shared Service Center is in need of a complete overhaul! They use ADP which is an ancient software program from the mid 90's, that causes more harm than good. Everything is completely manual and it is easy for mistakes to happen that are hard to correct. Half the programs they provide don't even work most of the time. The management and HR team are a joke! They spend more time worried about making themselves look better than being concerned about how their employees are doing and how the teams are functioning. They will say over and over that they are committed to your advancement but are quick to toss you to the curb like a piece of garbage if you disagree with them. I felt like I was attending Jr. High again when I worked there. All the managers had to write a "Social Contract" because the office politics were so bad! News flash management.... NO ONE FOLLOWS IT... NOT EVEN YOU! Don't listen to the well rated comments either. It is HR trying to move all the bad reviews down because the turn over rate for the Shared Service Center, wait who am I kidding the WHOLE company in the past 6 months has been absurdly high and Management/HR wonder why! Because you treat your hard working employees like dirt and your completely unstable employees with the utmost respect. Give me a break! This place is a living nightmare.

Advice to Management

The Vice President and Director need to pull their heads out of the sand and realize the management they have running the departments at the SSC are completely incapable of doing so! If you want to know why you have lost so many great employees this year that is why!

2. "Internet Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Internet Sales Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at AutoNation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with great work life balance.

Cons

Pay plan changed for the worse.