AutoZone - Very much a corporate ladder - abuse, neglect & cutthroat pretty much describes it. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

"Very much a corporate ladder - abuse, neglect & cutthroat pretty much describes it."

Former Employee - Commercial Driver in Ottawa, KS
Former Employee - Commercial Driver in Ottawa, KS

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Wide selection of auto parts and decent training opportunities.

Cons

Company (at least this district) is not too women-friendly - After 5 years on the job, being ASE certified, I tried unsuccessfully for 2 years to advance to management. When I finally threatened gender discrimination, I was finally allowed a chance. It should not be this difficult. Primarily male management and on the inside, they are very abusive towards women in management.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like you would your family and they will readily give back to you. Continue to treat them like you do and continually underpay them (and expect the moon in return), and you will continue to get the constant turnover and lack of knowledge in parts that you have now. There is not a single parts pro in the business that will readily take out the abuse that these corporate parts stores dish out -- and for little to no decent wage ($8-9.50/hr).

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. "its all right , its a job"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Douglasville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Douglasville, GA

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

i learned a lot about cars. i got to prove that girls can work on cars to and that it is not just a guy thing.

Cons

people treat me diffrently because i am a girl. safty gear to change batterys do not fit proprly and impare my ability to do my job right.

Advice to Management

please have battery apprents that fit every one along with gloves, and gogels that work over glasses that do not cause them to fog up. thank you

"Can be good,can be BAD"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

decent pay/bonus opportunities, something challenging is always happening

Cons

Clueless IT Management, public brown-nosing ....,culture of blame whenever a system being kept going with duct-tape finally goes kaput after refusing to spend money to do necessary upgrades

Advice to Management

Hire Managers with Technical skills,not who's best at hot air/brown-nosing etc,spend money on replacing ancient systems/technologies !