AutoZone - Fine if you can ever get into management, OR leave and come back | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

"Fine if you can ever get into management, OR leave and come back"

Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Its a great place to work you work with some great folks.

Cons

Unless you already have a career with another company, you can't get hired in, move up and make money. You have to leave and come back or stab someone in the back and move up but you aren't going to make a liveable amount until you leave and come back. I have been promised for 3 years a move up, and it never happens then your group changes names and you get that move up that is a lateral move.

Advice to Management

When you promise someone that you will promote them make it happen. Don't expect to continue to get Sr. System Administrator performance out of less than System Administrator pay.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

"Review of Lavoina dc"

Former Employee - DC Associate in Lavonia, GA
    Former Employee - DC Associate in Lavonia, GA

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Is a job where not many are available. They hve. regular pay, insurance. Very strong company cash rich lots of work hours.

Cons

Dangerous dock bad condition! Subjective work place, Claim you have to be like them. Not a place to share ideas with management. No place for advancement. Az specialty is retaliation. Worked with a guy who would come to work drunk, when he was not drunk he was sleeping in men`s room. Suffered serious injury do to horseplay no remedy, they allow another associate to run over me on powered ind. equipment repeatly. When tried to communicate this, Az would retaliate. On 1-10 scale they get a 1.

Advice to Management

Try being objective. If u want to be happy go elsewhere, get happy. Not the army like mgt. claims.

2. "Fast paced and friendly."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer service. Being able to help everyone that walk through the door physically and mental.

Cons

Bad scheduling, and poor communications of upper managment

Advice to Management

Stop trying to build programs to help us and let us do the job that you expect. Stay true to old values of doing anything we can to help a customer.