AutoZone - Review of Lavoina dc | Glassdoor

"Review of Lavoina dc"

Former Employee - DC Associate in Lavonia, GA
Former Employee - DC Associate in Lavonia, GA

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Is a job where not many are available. They hve. regular pay, insurance. Very strong company cash rich lots of work hours.

Cons

Dangerous dock bad condition! Subjective work place, Claim you have to be like them. Not a place to share ideas with management. No place for advancement. Az specialty is retaliation. Worked with a guy who would come to work drunk, when he was not drunk he was sleeping in men`s room. Suffered serious injury do to horseplay no remedy, they allow another associate to run over me on powered ind. equipment repeatly. When tried to communicate this, Az would retaliate. On 1-10 scale they get a 1.

Advice to Management

Try being objective. If u want to be happy go elsewhere, get happy. Not the army like mgt. claims.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. "Fast paced and friendly."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Customer service. Being able to help everyone that walk through the door physically and mental.

Cons

Bad scheduling, and poor communications of upper managment

Advice to Management

Stop trying to build programs to help us and let us do the job that you expect. Stay true to old values of doing anything we can to help a customer.

2. "Started out great"

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Shorewood, IL
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Shorewood, IL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours if the store you are working in, is in a decent location. Decent benefits. Not that hard to get promoted if you know what your doing. Company pays for ASE certification

Cons

Constant drama from upper management. Part-time employees refuse to do what the company requires and have a high turn over rate, makes management a lot harder. TONS of different reports to constantly stay on top of, and if your not, your going down fast. Also, get married to your store because that's all you will have time for.

Advice to Management

Get a good crew and be prepared to be tough on your people. Upper management expects the world out of you with nothing in return.