AutoZone - Great place for a career move | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

"Great place for a career move"

Current Employee - Store Development in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Store Development in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is pretty much recession proof. Bad economy - good for AutoZone.

Cons

They are cheap, and pay below market for their workers

Advice to Management

Let some of those options and big $$ trickle down from the 6th floor

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

"I lived at AutoZone more than I did at home."

Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - IT Department in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AutoZone has so many opportunities for educational and growth experiences. Working at the corporate headquarters for over 15 years, I watched everything and everyone. For instance, I watch new people adjust to Autozone's highly positive cultural environment, and I watch others advance in job roles from entry level to upper-management. What a wonderful place to work, with state of the art technologies and methodologies. And the family of friends environment who go the extra mile to help when needed. I will always remember my experiences at AutoZone and all of those around me. I will always appreciate everyone who supported me and those who didn't know me but still befriended me. This is a very professional organization of experts.

Cons

At the corporate headquarters, the only cons I can think of are difficulty with parking space, difficulty with downtown traffic, and the long daily commute - about .75 hour to work and sometimes about 1.25 back home.

Advice to Management

AutoZone has an open-door policy, where you are to feel free with your visits and thoughts to anyone, from bottom to top. I haven't heard this in awhile, but it was stated on a weekly basis that "Everyone is on the same level. We are all AutoZoners. No one is better that the other. We are all on the same team. That is why we wear a red shirt or a management shirt every Monday (or uniform day)."

"Terrible upper management who are arrogant and often behave inappropriate."

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mobility. Decent pay and benefits. Flexible hours ( as long as your not salaried).

Cons

Upper management tend to be uneducated, they often conduct business in illegal manners. For example forcing an employee to take a lunch an hour before their scheduled time to leave work., or making sexual jokes about other employees. This company has an employee relations department, however nothing ever is done with any the reports.

Advice to Management

Management needs to stop being friends with each other and start reporting improper behaviors.