AutoZone - Manager | Glassdoor

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location in downtown Memphis, on site cafeteria, free parking for employees.

Cons

Departments and the way business units work are segmented. Dress code and culture of operational business comes first is really instilled. DO NOT come here if you are looking to enhance your skills or learn something. This is more of ready to settle down job where not a lot is expected and not a lot is gained. VERY MONEY tight in salaries and upgrades to company.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of tenure in the company which is great, but is also leading to the slow demise of the company. Bring in fresh blood with outside environmental experience that can take the company to the next, next level. Systems and processes are old and outdated.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. "Very decent place of employment."

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am lucky to have great people to work with, the pay is decent and the hours are good. Very low turnover rate at my store. Employee discount is great.

Cons

Sometimes too much emphasis is put on things that don't matter, some priorities need to be rearranged. I often hear other employees not being as satisfied with their stores as I am. I enjoy selling but strongly dislike the pushing of trivial products such as injector cleaner or bulb grease. I would prefer to build a strong trusting relationship with my customers creating a customer for life rather than nabbing that extra $5 sale and turning the customer off in the future.

"Would not work here"

Former Contractor - Technical Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Contractor - Technical Systems Analyst in Memphis, TN

I worked at AutoZone as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The view of the Mississippi River from the corporate headquarters

Cons

Managers breathing down your neck, very strict and uncomfortable work environment

Advice to Management

Loosen up on employees and consider paying them more for producing quality work