AutoZone - AZ | Glassdoor

"AZ"

I worked at AutoZone full-time

Pros

Good discount, some career opporunities

Cons

You still work retail, so nights and weekends are a must

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. "Good place to work, salary a fair."

Current Employee - Commercial Specialist
    Current Employee - Commercial Specialist

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the people I work with and enjoy my job.

Cons

Salary is on the low end and amount of hours you can work depends on the business coming in at the time.

Advice to Management

I believe corporate should think about less across the board tactics for business, and look at decisions based more on the locational demographics of the stores. We have small commercial customers that are moving there business elsewhere because they are not even offered the smallest incentive to maintain a relationship with autozone, even the military is offered a courtesy discount. I feel if the amount these customers spend was tabulated are store has lost a significant amount of sales.

"Great place to learn new skills"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Grover Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Grover Beach, CA

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with different types of personalities on a daily basis, decent compensation as a store manager, good health benefits for full time employees, great customers(most of the time) and ability to move up further make AutoZone a good place to work.

Cons

50+ hours per week makes this a difficult place to work when you have a family, no benefits for part time employees, annual pay increase is mostly a joke(+/- .15 cents), constant up-selling is required, not a lot of training offered before actually working, no bonus for anyone below store manager and not a lot of recognition or communication from DM or above.

Advice to Management

Remember who is selling your products and increasing your bottom line profits. Offer part time employees vacation/benefits and higher wages to reduce turnover. Less micro-management from DM and above, let me run my store like you hired me to do. Stop making such a big deal about up-selling so much, the customers and employees will thank you for it.