AutoZone - I hope I'm just passing through. Not that it's a bad job - I just want more out of life. I.e., it's not them, it's me. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

"I hope I'm just passing through. Not that it's a bad job - I just want more out of life. I.e., it's not them, it's me."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly secure
Most software engineers there are a pleasure to work with

Cons

Pay does not seem to be up to the market (at least, before the generally nice bonus), and merit increases tend to be fairly stingy.

Advice to Management

When you claim innovation as a core value, actually value innovation instead of stifling it. One suggestion: take a look at Google's 20% free innovation time program and implement something similar.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

"Extremely vicious company to work for."

Current Employee - Slave in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Slave in New York, NY

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've spent 10 minutes trying to find something positive to say.....I give up.

Cons

Store employees are treated like Jewish concentration camp laborers, Nuff said......

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your store employees like garbage and your empire will eventually crumble. There is something terribly wrong with this company and I would not be surprised if the company is cooking the books to mislead the shareholders.

Wake up Autozone executives.... Your store employees are not pleased and your sales are suffering because of it. Stop stealing from your employees already pityful paychecks as there is little left to offset declining sales.

Advice to shareholders : Get out before it's too late. The darling of the stock market for the last 28 consecutive quarters is nearing the end of it's run.

"A typical fortune 500 company - Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Menasha, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Menasha, WI

I worked at AutoZone part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I liked helping people with their automotive needs

Cons

Terrible pay, showing your hard work never pays off, you get used by management. There was a time when I worked there that a new guy was hired and almost instantly promoted to a manager because he speaks Spanish. I had to teach him his job while he's my boss?? What kind of place does that? I have nearly two years experience on him. Don't work here.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees. Offer financial incentives to hard workers! Offer a commission on parts that you work so hard to push on the customers!