AutoZone - We need more employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AutoZone

"We need more employees."

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Commercial Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AutoZone full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

We get good benefits and discounts. It is a nice feeling to help somebody with their car. My coworkers are great people and it's a pretty easy job overall.

Cons

It takes too long to get a new employee hired. Management is incredibly picky about who they hire. They want qualified applicants with experience, but they want to pay them just above minimum wage and give them 25 hours a week. A lot of pressure to sell additional items to customers but little incentive to do so. It feels like to move up in the company you have to put AutoZone before your family.

Advice to Management

Either lower your standards for hiring, or increase the amount you are going to pay a qualified employee. Quit letting good employees get away because you're too cheap to make somebody full time.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

"Don't waste your time unless you're desperate"

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in East Wareham, MA
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in East Wareham, MA

I have been working at AutoZone part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible with time off, pay for your ASE test, the really nice customers make a lot of the job worth it. I get along well with most of the staff.

Cons

no benefits for part-time employees, and full time employment is only gained if your DM likes you. Some of the customers are the absolute worst, they either expect you to be a master mechanic or a psychic.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites with your underlings, and be a little more generous with your free lunches, how are 10 people supposed to split $25?

"If your not in your out"

Former Employee - Psm
    Former Employee - Psm

I worked at AutoZone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy work love dealing with the customers face to face and helping with their problems . schedules are okay they are willing to work with you for days off.

Cons

not happy with the management as if your not in the click with them they find a way to route you out the door its a do as i say company not as i do .

Advice to Management

need to find management that apperciates the employees that do the most good with the customer service aspect and not continually lookin for a reason the employee is doing the company somekind of harm,