AutoZone - I will never reapply. | Glassdoor

"I will never reapply."

Current Employee - Order Picker in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Order Picker in Memphis, TN

Pros

Some of the people are cool. The %20 discount helps if you buy things for your car a lot.

Cons

They treat you like a number. They care more about getting their share of money than the welfare of their employees.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees like more than slaves. Give positive feedback versus constant complaining and criticizing. Treat all equally.

Other Employee Reviews for AutoZone

1. "My experience with auto zone is good its just the poor management i have trouble with"

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager? Or KEy Carrier? in Millbrae, CA
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager? Or KEy Carrier? in Millbrae, CA

Pros

The discounts we get are great!!!

Cons

having to go to work in an environment that does not appreciate what employees do to keep auto zones doors open

Advice to Management

The whole structure has to be re-done, re-organized and give employees a chance to feel like employees.

"Good pay, weird atmosphere"

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great bonus - mine was about 10% of my annual salary - and decent raises - mine was around 4%.

Nice location if you like downtown Memphis.

Parking is in their own garage. It's available 24x7x365. And it's monitored around the clock by their security people.

Cons

All Programmers/Architects mostly do business analysis work. If you like endless meetings and paperwork you'll love this job.

They outsource all their developement work. Senior management believes programmers have better things to do than program.

All Programmers/Archiects are expected to take week-log call at least 4 times a year for no extra pay - and it's mostly non-programming issues, it all types of issues ("why didn't the mainframe files get to 17 of the store servers? Why is the application in the store frozen? Why won't it let this customer return this battery? Why won't my cash register work?").

They make you wear silly uniforms - black pants and shoes and socks and belt, grey shirt - every Monday and every time they have a "special" day. And they have all sorts of special pins that have to be worn on the collars just so.

No casual days.

They make you spell out the word autozone by making shapes with your body. I KID YOU NOT.

You have to wait 3 months before you got medical and dental benefits - real cheap.

You had to wait one full year before you could use their 401K plan - real cheap.

Even though I was full-time I always felt like I was in a sweatshop. Working there made me feel tacky.

Advice to Management

Stop all the outsourcing. Let programmers program.