Autodesk - Great products, nice people, only OK senior management but great CEO | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"Great products, nice people, only OK senior management but great CEO"

Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic products that are changing the world. But innovation comes via purchasing external companies/products and there are few new internal products created that have a significant revenue impact.

Cons

VP and SVP level frequently throw in feature requests and product scope changes that are not grounded on data and result in a worse product. Lots of scope change, slow product development, and low product quality as a result.

Advice to Management

Make a clear decision and stick with it. Ask for data and make decisions based on the data, not based on your hopes.

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Senior research engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great company to work for. It has very good benefits and work-life balance. The main business, CAD, is very dominating and essentially a cash cow. It has bought and continues to buy into many different industries.

Cons

It does not understand, nor does it care much, about what it bought. For example, We were in a simulation company bought by Autodesk a few years back. It not only successfully destroyed the business, but also laid off most of talented tech guys.

Advice to Management

When entering a new business, seek advice from people of that field. Don't just use experience accumulated in CAD industry.

"Impressive products, hopeful business roadmap - but not necessarily a top place to work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries seem to be pretty generous. Product suite is innovative and exciting, which made me proud to be a part of that growth. Surrounded by very smart and articulate people.

Cons

Job description was misleading. I felt pigeon holed when I got there, due to the extremely siloed and bureaucratic org. Lots of aggressive career climbers. Very colorful and creative office environment, but a very corporate culture in the end. No sense of sharing and community. And WAY too many meetings - most of the time with very little result.

Advice to Management

More vacation would be huge. 12 days non-negotiable is not enough. The sabbatical every 4 years is nice, but more vacation would be much more valuable in my opinion. Also, during the interview process - talk more honestly about the job. Drop the Autodesk buzz words.