Autodesk - Great People, Interesting Technology | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"Great People, Interesting Technology"

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autodesk is a place where honest, well intentioned folks work on interesting technologies that affect the world in countless ways. The company has the scope to make big things happen and often does.

Cons

The company culture is timid when it comes to taking risks with products and business. The well worn path can often be a rut.

Advice to Management

Too often people with bright ideas get smothered with the wet blanket of mediocre middle managers that are only concerned about SMART goals for the Q or year.

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Good balance of personal freedom"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours: some were at work by 7 am, others not until 10 am. In my case, it would sometimes change from day to day. Able to work from home occasionally. Coupled with the flexible hours, it helped to offset the ocasional late-night conference call with other countries. My co-workers are always helpful.

Cons

Because of having offices around the world, occasional conference calls late in the evening (9 to 10 pm) or early morning (8 to 9 am). Some groups, including mine, experienced a lot of shuffling of managers. I have lost count, but I think I have had 7 different managers in 4 years.

Advice to Management

Find a way to reduce the number of priority changes, or at least make it seem as if the priorities are not always changing. For example, a shorter release cycle would would allow for a more natural "change" in priorities instead of midway through a release cycle.

"Top notch workplace, challenging, positive environment, great products, great future"

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team spirit, lots of collaboration opportunities - across products, across teams, across geographies. Employee benefits among the best in the business. Trusted exec management team. Suitable transparency into the health of the business - strong guidance from the top with frequent communication to global workforce.

Cons

Middle management seems pushed to limits - lots of paranoia and paralysis! Many decisions can only be made through "consensus with the world". Too many restructuring exercises resulting in job losses, product retirements and staff fatique.

Advice to Management

Spend more time getting to know your staff - don't make rash organizational decisions without proper understanding of how it affects people, products and ultimately your customers!