Autodesk - Great culture, and we help our customers design and create amazing things. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"Great culture, and we help our customers design and create amazing things."

Current Employee - Senior Manager, User Experience in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager, User Experience in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Autodesk is a global company with growing market share around the world. It has been consistently rated high in "best places to work" lists, and employees have a voice and are listened to by management. Experience and design are central to our mission, and there are opportunities in consumer-facing teams (iOS, Instructables) as well as professional markets (Architecture/Engineering, Product Design, Simulation) - there are even new groups working on 3D design tools for genetics and biotech.

Cons

Engineering-driven culture, but this is starting to change as cloud/social/mobile and "experience" play an increasing role in the company's goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Great place to work"

Current Contractor - Software QA Analyst in Waltham, MA
    Current Contractor - Software QA Analyst in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Autodesk as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a very flexible schedule, with ability to work remotely, required vacation time, a fair bit of contact with upper management, and they are constantly acquiring great and exciting companies!

Cons

Not many young people- they could do more university grads but great flexibility in the working environment and happy employees!

Advice to Management

As with any big company, the upper management could always be more transparent and the process could be less bureaucratic, but I think they are working to be more clear.

"re-org fatigue is crippling many areas of this company"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Autodesk full-time

Pros

lots of people who are really talented and hard working

Cons

Management has constantly re-organized the company every year for the last 5 years. Result is chaos. No body knows what they're doing. Everytime people start working productively again, they pull the rug out again and everyone starts all over. It's amazing they haven't killed our business yet. Too much investment in future, unproven technology and business models while core businesses go begging for basic investment. This leaves major issues with customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Pull your head out of the cloud for a few minutes every week and go talk to customers. Not the specially chosen customers, get a broader view. You are running away from a great business to be California cool, but go see the rest of the world where most of the design and engineering take place.