Autodesk - It's nothing I'd recommend if you cherish your health and sanity. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"It's nothing I'd recommend if you cherish your health and sanity."

Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Manchester, NH
Current Employee - Product Support Specialist in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

U.S. 6 week paid sabbatical every 4 years...You'll need it. Great co-workers.

Cons

Incompetent managers thickly layered throughout. Every manager has to give 20% of their direct reports poor ratings on their yearly review so you could play the politics and not work as hard/be as savvy and make way more than a co-worker who gets things done well all year but doesn't kiss up.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the layers of incompetent, ineffective managers below you. It's a funnel of idiocy that has no real function!

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Great company to work for, if you are not part of an acquisition."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits
    Great products
    6 week sabbatical after 4 years

Cons

For the division I worked in, I was part of an acquisition. New management had no understanding of the business and team she was adopting, and as a result, created standards and expectations unreasonable to the position. Had I started my role at Autodesk from the beginning, perhaps the outcome would have been different.

Advice to Management

Good vision, but poor ability to engage with team. Fear mongering and negative reinforcement tactics to engage team.

2. "High-performing teams with a mature, laid-back atmosphere."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work-life balance, a feeling that you are really helping the world, competent and effective management who values results as well as relationship building.

Cons

In a technology based job market of outrageous IPO's, 100% growth, and a global look, the compensation is under market for technology. Partly to blame for head-count bloat outside of core-competency.

Advice to Management

Focus on core competencies. Since the software is built much like a platform or ecosystem, it's easy so think "can we go into this industry", and then "enter the consumer space", and then still "focus on BIM". The fact is that Autodesk software thrives when it's more-or-less the industry standard, so make sure adequate importance is put on capturing the lion-share of the industry IT spend wallet.