Autodesk - I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job!"

Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been lucky to have great managers and work with smart, talented people. I love the culture (flexibility, work-life balance, great benefits and you can bring your dog to work!).

Cons

It would be great to see more people move up from inside the company rather than hiring from outside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work-life balance culture and flexibility! As a single mom this makes EVERYTHING so much easier. It keeps me (and my colleagues) happy, working hard, and super proud to be an Autodesk employee.

Autodesk Response

May 2, 2014 – Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

What a nice review, thanks for sharing!

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Great career growth and opportunities for the long term"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Amazing benefits (sabbatical in the US every four years, week off between Xmas and New Year's, employee stock purchase program)
    - Tons of opportunities for working in different locations, on different products, for different groups within the company. I've been able to work in four locations on multiple continents on many products in many groups and always been able to keep growing in every new role.
    - Fantastic customers who produce amazing, amazing things with our products!
    - Our mission is to Help Customers Imagine, Design, and Create a Better World. It's meaningful and is really what we try to do every day!

Cons

- Because of the sabbatical and "week of rest", fewer vacation days throughout a typical year in the US.
    - Like many publicly traded companies, the stock market can directly impact training, hiring, spending so tight times can be more frustrating

Advice to Management

I've been in the company over a decade. I love the shift to cloud and consumer and the maker world. Lately there's been great communication about what we're trying to do for customers and why, and I'd just like to see that communication continue!

2. "Great atmosphere and accommodations"

Pros

Updated equipment and software. All tools are available. Efficient systems in place.

Cons

Espoused values are not exactly the expressed values.

Advice to Management

Loyalty to your employees is valued if you want to keep good people.
    You have an open environment, yet there is secrecy and lack of transparency.
    Established policies and procedures are not always applied due to politics and power ploys.