Autodesk - I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"I have worked here for over a decade and have never once wanted to look outside the company for another job!"

Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in San Rafael, CA
Current Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been lucky to have great managers and work with smart, talented people. I love the culture (flexibility, work-life balance, great benefits and you can bring your dog to work!).

Cons

It would be great to see more people move up from inside the company rather than hiring from outside.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work-life balance culture and flexibility! As a single mom this makes EVERYTHING so much easier. It keeps me (and my colleagues) happy, working hard, and super proud to be an Autodesk employee.

Autodesk Response

May 2, 2014 – Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

What a nice review, thanks for sharing!

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Uninspiring"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What our customers are doing with our products is really inspiring. Workload is 9-5 kinda work day and that is the reason why Autodesk has a relatively good employee retention.

Cons

Totally uninspiring leadership (below Carl Bass that is): politics prevails over efficiency. Mediocracy is deep down in the culture. Intrapreneurship is not valued at all. Compensation totally off market, by far.

Advice to Management

Learn about meritocracy!

"I really enjoyed the culture, work environment, and the family-work life balance!"

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My Regional Manager is a great manager! He is approachable, understanding when family commitments pop up. He is a true professional and has great managerial and people skills. They should clone my manager and have other managers be mentored by him. I received my first bonus, I was pleased.

Cons

Received my first raise after a year on the job, wasn't too impressed. Training courses were cut from our budget. I am eager to learn more about my current position and excel in more responsibility and leadership roles. I want to evolve faster than the company wants me too. But I understand budgets are tight and the company and industry is changing. I have high hopes!!!!!!! I want my position to be more than a job, but an exciting career.

Advice to Management

People are your most important asset. Never forget that. Please treat them well and with dignity, from the bottom to the top. You need to hire more managers like my current manager.