Autodesk - A wonderful place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"A wonderful place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autodesk's culture and its people are the best attributes of the company. I spent a long time there, and I had a wonderful run. The benefits are good, and comp plans are competitive. The work is exciting and engaging - especially when you consider how many ways the company's products touch our world. Brilliant technology, great people, good pay and benefits... you can't ask for a lot more if you want to work for a tech company - in the Bay Area or just about anyplace else on the planet!

Cons

Middle management can range from exceptional to inept. Some organizations can be insanely political - in my tenure, I saw this as leader-specific and not an Autodesk corporate standard. That being said, if you get caught in one of these vortices - get out asap. There are thousands of great jobs in the company, and just as many opportunities for success if you're diligent and smart.

Advice to Management

Please don't forget how Autodesk became a $2.5B USD company... people, products and customers. Yes, there are many opportunities on the horizon for the "New Autodesk" - but forcing that transition will not benefit the organization in the long run.

Autodesk Response

Jul 24, 2014 – Talent Brand and Social Media Manager

Thank you for the thoughtful review!

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

"Great learning experience, but growth plateaus"

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, reasonable work hours. They have goals to improve their products and find a way that let's their consumers more easily obtain and use them. Taking initiative is typically encouraged.

Cons

Poor company wide communication. Lack of transparency from management. Too much focus on process and bureaucracy while most times the process is ill defined. Poor talent acquisition.

Advice to Management

Communication should be more direct and shouldn't have to flow to multiple channels to get to the right audience. Many times it feels like there are too many chefs in the kitchen which translates to unnecessary micromanagement and ultimately less productivity.

"Well positioned and strong company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and you are encouraged to speak up and share your opinion.

Cons

Like in any organization Autodesk is no exception when it comes to politics