Autodesk - fun, positive and collaborative atmosphere, great place to spend as a summer intern | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Autodesk

"fun, positive and collaborative atmosphere, great place to spend as a summer intern"

Current Intern - Marketing Operations(ACG) in San Francisco, CA
Current Intern - Marketing Operations(ACG) in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Autodesk as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I spent 10 weeks Jun-Aug 2014 interning at Autodesk int he San Francisco-Pier 9 office between the 1st 2nd year of my MBA program. I was the Marketing Operations Intern in the Autodesk Consumer Group. I really enjoyed working with the marketing team as they took the time to train me and bring me up to speed with the team, marketing campaigns and anything else that was relevant to my job. I was included in everything work-related and social by the team and the atmosphere was very much collaborative in the sense the my successes and failures were not disparate from the team's success and failures - everyone one was vested in my summer project and wanted the best possible outcome. Overall, the culture was just fantastic - people were also relaxed and very reasonable about everything - there was a focus on being productive and results-oriented as opposed to clocking hours. Great pay for the summer along with a reasonable relocation stipend as well - can't complain. Pier 9 was a fantastic location - the workshop provide many opportunities to stimulate my creative side, which was highly encouraged by the team even though it wasn't directly related to my summer projects.

Cons

I don't have major cons here. As an MBA intern, I saw many of my peers at other tech companies in the Bay Area receive either a generous housing/relocation allowance or the option to stay in corporate housing. Housing is so tricky for the summer in the Bay Area that it would be great to see Autodesk provide housing instead of a relocation stipend. The group I worked in was a little disorganized from a functional standpoint but it was directly a function of the group/teams being all less than 4 years old and growing rapidly - but everything is headed in the right direction so it's really not a con either. It was also be nice to have the pantries and kitchens be stocked with snacks instead of vending machines but that would be an awesome perk, really not a con either.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. It is the most transparent company I have every worked for and I hope it never changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Autodesk

1. "A creativity-fostering community can be found at Pier 9"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Autodesk as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The overwhelming wealth of knowledge that can be tapped into at Pier 9 (literally anything you want to know, you can find someone who has some extensive knowledge on it). The zany work culture. Open CAD nights (informal after-hours software workshops led by the developers themselves). Sabbaticals. Access to wood shop, metal shop and 3D printshop (the ability to make virtually anything). People's collective general interest in what you're working on.

Cons

Never had to deal with leadership politics, but it doesn't seem as bad as people make it out to be.

2. "Great experience"

Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Waltham, MA
    Former Intern - Intern - Hourly in Waltham, MA

I worked at Autodesk as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great innovative work culture.
    Employees are helpful.
    Great employee development resources.

Cons

Differentiating contingent workforce and interns with full time employees.

Advice to Management

Reduce number of teleconference meetings