Automic Software - European-owned company that is a tale of 2 companies (spoiler: the US version sucks) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Automic Software

"European-owned company that is a tale of 2 companies (spoiler: the US version sucks)"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Automic Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, consistent amount of training made available, fun outings, and many of the people are great (see below for otherwise).

Cons

I went on mat leave as an EA for two executives and came back to a front desk receptionist role. They blatantly ignored a doctor's note advising I work from home during my pregnancy and threatened me with either taking a part time role with benefits or doing a fulltime role I didn't want with a performance improvement plan. Needless to say - their record with both support staff and pregnant women is terrible.

I loved the two executives I supported and they made my job truly incredible. Unfortunately the mentality towards support staff is as a second class citizen, so I would strongly advise against any role such as EA, office manager, receptionist, etc.

There are a lot of well tenured employees who have entrenched themselves and are in conflict with the new wave of talent (many at senior levels) they have brought in. Turmoil and chaos are two words that immediately come to mind. A hot mess is the one I gravitate towards.

Advice to Management

Adopt a more constructive and functional view of support personnel. The attitude of them being interchangeable peons is directly correlated to the massive churn that you see in these roles.

Other Employee Reviews for Automic Software

1. "So far, so great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a fun, laid back environment. I enjoy coming to work every day because the people here are fantastic. This company is very employee focused and doesn't hesitate to spend a little $$ on its employees and Automic pays 100% of employee benefits. I also really enjoy being able to interact with the Global Workforce we have; this has led to both professional and personal development for me.

Cons

We are in a growing phase right now so there are tons of changes taking place which can make things a bit chaotic. This is understandable and to be expected, but can still be tough when an employee is new and trying to learn the business.

Advice to Management

Over sharing with employees can be a good thing. The more we know about the changes and direction the company is headed in (including individual departments), the better equipped we will be to do our jobs and understand where we fit in with the future of the company.

2. "Pre sales engineer"

Current Employee - Pre Sales Engineer in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Pre Sales Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Automic Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing real good, they changed the name of the company

Cons

Everything, just maketing and blablabla

Advice to Management

Be a real manager, not a ghost

Automic Software Response

Nov 14, 2013 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this post. We are sorry that you feel your current working experience with Automic is not positive. We take every review very seriously and evaluate the concerns as we want Automic to... More