Autotrader - Good Benefits and Pay | Glassdoor

"Good Benefits and Pay"

Former Employee - Manager Information Security in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Manager Information Security in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Autotrader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay. Most of the employees are pleasant to work wtih and intelligent.

Cons

IT leadership politics are at times unprofessional rather than those of a professional work environment.

Advice to Management

Consider improving work/life balance for IT employees. Telecommuting options should be implemented rather than shunned.

Other Employee Reviews for Autotrader

"Good company weighed down by some in management"

Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Individual Contributor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Autotrader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great medical and dental plan, decent PTO (if you can get the time away), nice facilities and eating options, covered parking. Salary was slightly above market for my position which I appreciated. Free coffee and discounted lunch within the facilities. Fairly easy access to 285 both coming in and leaving.

Cons

If you're of the aggressive mindset, you may do fine. There's a very competitive spirit within the corporate office. One where managers sometimes put the best interests of their people second to projects which don't warrant the urgency. Each team will be different but overall I see a similar "race to the top" mindset by management. More of a "ready fire aim" approach which doesn't always make the best use of limited time. There are some exceptional individual contributors who are great at what they do. They must get their motivation from the rare occasion they are recognized for their contributions. While the company does have an entire floor dedicated to learning, good luck getting the time away to improve yourself through these opportunities. Also they have a floor dedicated as a break room with TVs and video games. Again, good luck finding the time to utilize these benefits. One last point, I have a hard time accepting management calling people "resources" openly. I understand that's what we are, but be a bit more "human" please.

Advice to Management

Please look at how you really interact with your team. Develop them, don't just talk about it. Give them the time and space to do so. You have a great brand, but remember many others did at some point and fell from the top.

2. "Excellent Company Number One in the Industry"

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Autotrader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rewarded for hard work. Excellent Training. Excellent Products

Cons

Pay is going down. Not sure why. Products and stress going up, harder to service dealers than ever. Not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Understand the value and time necessary for retention of accounts and products in more saturated markets and compensate accordingly.