Autotrader - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

I worked at Autotrader full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great parent company and benefits

Cons

Management is all white guys. Company doesn't value each department the same when deciding on bonus or stock options.

Other Employee Reviews for Autotrader

"Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Autotrader full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A true market leader in the classifieds realm... amazing potential and scope to the auto industry. With change being the constant they learned from their mistakes early on and in the last few years rolled out tech products better and more efficiently. Sales through Service was a great mantra, and in my opinion should have stayed. Clients liked us better, and the environment was much more relaxed.

Cons

VERY... I repeat... VERY POOR middle level management. No consistency in such across the country, most of the manager's that I worked for had their own agenda in mind, NOT the client or ATC. The corporate america mentality killed the amazing workplace environment that the company had for many years.

Advice to Management

Field reps are your true front line... not only as the revenue generators, but also your liaisons to the clients... consider this when training middle level management (RSD/DSM). 90% of the reps that I met in my time there had what it takes to make your company flourish, but were being restricted by "management" in one way or another.

"Stay away from sales at this company."

Current Employee - Advertising Consultant
    Current Employee - Advertising Consultant

I have been working at Autotrader full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is decent and they provide a car allowance and nice trips for top sales performers.

Cons

No work/life balance: constant meetings, trainings, travel and lots of administrative work. If you are a die-hard sales person and don't mind working with tough car dealers, this job is for you. Sales, sales, sales, "what have you sold for me lately mentality." Not a good fit for those with small children.

Advice to Management

Take care your people and stop switching accounts around. Dealers don't like it and our company gets a bad reputation on the street.