KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Beginner Company for your Career

Jan 23, 2020 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Avalara is great to start. You will learn alot about tax and how to manage a workload.

Cons

Management is indecisive and divided on many issues. The work atmosphere is clicky and lacks opportunity for professional development with the tax cycle dominating your time without time for training on new concepts.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Sep 13, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Inclusive, Kind, Involved, Expanding, Growth

Cons

-There aren't many cons, you make it what it is!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing your perspective on AvaCulture!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

cut-backs in staffing harms results and creates stress

Sep 23, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

close to Durham Bulls baseball park.

Cons

I started working at Avalara 5 years ago. It was great...I had a co-worker and a QA person....then both of those individuals were removed with NO replacement. This was very stressful for 3 years..with NO respect for my new manager. I finally resigned.... BTW....Avalara has been the ONLY company in my 42 years NOT to payout your accrued vacation ( I had 15 days lost). very cheap company if you are NOT an Executive..which they give themselves (company is top heavy with Executives) lavish vacations i.e. Club Med and Europe for yearly meetings....while the "peasants" work under beyond normal hours.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Avalara.

Avalara Careers

Cover image for Avalara

Avalara is the technology company that everyone’s used but nobody’s heard of. We’re at your gas pump, in your browser, and at...More

• Careers
  • Engineering
  • Avalara Global

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.

Avalara Job Seekers Also Viewed