KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Political Monopoly

Sep 28, 2020 - Project Manager in Pune
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunities and having some strong core values.

Cons

Upper management at India level has no work ethic.They wont care about what you do workwise . They only care about what thier perception is about you and will only act accordingly as per their limited knowledge of you or gossiped information.They have no expertise techinal or non technical to be able to know or understand as to what you do. Monopoly and politics is what they indulge into.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great Place to Work

Aug 7, 2022 - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work capability, fun company HHs and free lunches, great learning opportunities, happy coworkers/team

Cons

None, except pay seems low for Seattle area.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thanks for sharing about what it’s like to be a part of AvaCulture. We appreciate your feedback!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't work for the 'Corporate Experience' Team

Jul 24, 2022 - Program Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is high growth so its always evolving, positions getting added all the time. GREAT people, I met the best people on other teams from my own networking. Decent pay, good/average daily culture depending on your team.

Cons

The CE team have the most toxic mangers I've ever experienced. Felt like I was back in the sorority in college. They DO NOT care about you. Both are fake, spread rumors about you and will throw you under the bus in a moments notice. They ONLY want 'yes' people, so your actual opinion better match theirs. Don't have a personal life during the week, as it will intrude in the unnecessary last minute requests that come to you. It takes weeks and months to get basic things done, as the Director doesn't respond to email unless it's important to her. They will take the credit of your work when done well, or talk down to you and belittle you if not done perfectly. I was honestly told "we do not have room for mistakes on this team" when I asked about authenticity and psychological safety during meetings... They like to give out tasks one at a time, so a 'project management' background is an absolute joke. Hierarchy is very important to them, they MUST feel bigger, better and smarter than you. Be very careful in considering a role on this team!!

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and bring it to our attention. Avalara is committed to having people managers who support, engage, and develop the Avalarians on their teams, so your feedback is concerning. We’d like to learn more about what you’ve observed so that we can continue to improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com to follow up.

Discover more reviews about Avalara.

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.