KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 1 year

Doesn't Value Customer Facing Roles

Oct 27, 2021 - Product Support Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers/Middle Management care a lot but have little power to improve work conditions.

Cons

Never in my life in a customer facing role have I seen a department disregarded and unappreciated in a company. Every department but the Support team got a holiday bonus. The management came together to personally bring their employees something to give a little holiday cheer with their own money. The excessive requests for overtime because the turn over rate causes burn out like no other. There are no incentives to work harder. People who do not perform to expectations are still kept even though their peers work harder but make the same wages. Continued promises of things getting better, but they aren't. There's nothing boosting morale. Everyone knows how stressful and difficult it is and they're all struggling together. I can't believe a company that boasts taking care of their employees is okay with this. Customer facing employees are what represent the company and you choose to treat them poorly. Imagine having every other department staffed so they can participate in company activities while we have to make accommodations just to attend quarterly meetings for one department. There's little growth because you can't do any learning because you're too busy working all the time to do anything else. I was treated better at Amazon.

Continue reading
    11 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Sep 13, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Inclusive, Kind, Involved, Expanding, Growth

Cons

-There aren't many cons, you make it what it is!

Be the first to find this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing your perspective on AvaCulture!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

cut-backs in staffing harms results and creates stress

Sep 23, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Durham, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

close to Durham Bulls baseball park.

Cons

I started working at Avalara 5 years ago. It was great...I had a co-worker and a QA person....then both of those individuals were removed with NO replacement. This was very stressful for 3 years..with NO respect for my new manager. I finally resigned.... BTW....Avalara has been the ONLY company in my 42 years NOT to payout your accrued vacation ( I had 15 days lost). very cheap company if you are NOT an Executive..which they give themselves (company is top heavy with Executives) lavish vacations i.e. Club Med and Europe for yearly meetings....while the "peasants" work under beyond normal hours.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Avalara.

Avalara Careers

Cover image for Avalara

Avalara is the technology company that everyone’s used but nobody’s heard of. We’re at your gas pump, in your browser, and at...More

• Careers
  • Engineering
  • Avalara Global

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.

Avalara Job Seekers Also Viewed