KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Great Company Overall but We Can Do Better

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, this is a great company. However, a recent change in policy (see below) and lack of communication was disappointing.

Cons

They recently changed their remote worker policy and have decided to group work from home/flexible work arrangements with remote. They are not the same. Those of us that were hired as remote employees were hired under that work agreement because we do not have the ability/choice to commute into an office. We also were provided with a stipend as part of our compensation to offset expenses that other employees do not incur because they report to an office (ie. office supplies and etc.). They announced without any previous communication with remote employees that this will be taken away at the end of this year even though it was discussed in salary/benefit discussions when an offer of employment was made. The communication before the announcement was not existent and very poorly handled. I thought we were better than that. This was very disappointing and not representative of the kind of company that Avalara has been and says it wants to continue to be. It was very disappointing.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Avalara. We appreciate your feedback about the remote work stipend and we're cross sharing it internally. If you have additional thoughts you’d like to share, please reach out to your HR People Partner or connect with us at avalisten@avalara.com.

1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great Place to Work

Aug 7, 2022 - Anonymous Intern in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work capability, fun company HHs and free lunches, great learning opportunities, happy coworkers/team

Cons

None, except pay seems low for Seattle area.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thanks for sharing about what it’s like to be a part of AvaCulture. We appreciate your feedback!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Aug 9, 2022 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Great teamwork. Supportive coworkers.

Cons

non that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Avalara.

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.