KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Avalara is a great company, if do your job and work hard!

Dec 11, 2015 - Sales in Bainbridge Island, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just like any job, if you do your job the way you should, and put effort in the way your expected then you WILL be rewarded and successful. You can't blame your failure on a " failed real estate agent " that manager does the best she can with what she has to deal with and very is dedicated to her role. As a matter of fact, any other manager in other departments at Avalara also try their best, next time you write a review keep in mind you're bitter because of some situation that you created ( you cheated, didn't' do your job to the minimum standards, or simply its not something you're good at). You also can't put down management when they are just following upper management orders. Do you really think they want to set you up for failure when they are paid off there employees success? Reviews aren't suppose to single out one person when they bend over backwards for their department and employees. Reviews are suppose to give feed back as a whole company not social slander and lies just because the position is not your cup of tea. I don't enjoy my job everyday, and its not the easiest, but if you do your minimum quota (which is , 70 calls in 8 hrs) which is proven achievable its actually fun and the employees are fun to be around. The pay is good for starting out and if you push yourself then the pay only gets better. The company is growing fast and change is faster. Management is very flexible if you have good work ethics ( come in on time, do what your asked, stay late if you need to... the basics for any job). There are free lunches all the time, spiffs, and contests to keep you motivated. How many jobs have you had, that want you to "work hard play hard"? When you read other reviews on this site keep in mind some people are upset because they didn't have what it takes to work at Avalara!

Cons

1-Growing company means fast change, sometimes so fast that you don't notice the change until you make a mistake. 2- Merging different types of taxes all at once ( Sales, Use tax, Telcom, VAT, Excise) with out the training will damage the overall customer service. 3- To much telemarketing (some companies receive calls up to 10 times a month, or emailed daily) 4- Communication between departments is awful. We need more product overview meetings, and company meetings to brief each other with what's changing within the company. 5- Quota is unrealistic when Avalara over hires! To many sales representative's with not enough prospects or leads..Quality work is hard if you have to meet a quota that affects your monthly pay.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Wonderful Company

Jun 15, 2022 - Customer Success Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people, lovely work environment.

Cons

Wonderful people, lovely environment! Great company

Be the first to find this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for sharing about your experience working at Avalara. We appreciate your feedback and we’re grateful that you’re part of our orange team.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't work for the 'Corporate Experience' Team

Jul 24, 2022 - Program Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is high growth so its always evolving, positions getting added all the time. GREAT people, I met the best people on other teams from my own networking. Decent pay, good/average daily culture depending on your team.

Cons

The CE team have the most toxic mangers I've ever experienced. Felt like I was back in the sorority in college. They DO NOT care about you. Both are fake, spread rumors about you and will throw you under the bus in a moments notice. They ONLY want 'yes' people, so your actual opinion better match theirs. Don't have a personal life during the week, as it will intrude in the unnecessary last minute requests that come to you. It takes weeks and months to get basic things done, as the Director doesn't respond to email unless it's important to her. They will take the credit of your work when done well, or talk down to you and belittle you if not done perfectly. I was honestly told "we do not have room for mistakes on this team" when I asked about authenticity and psychological safety during meetings... They like to give out tasks one at a time, so a 'project management' background is an absolute joke. Hierarchy is very important to them, they MUST feel bigger, better and smarter than you. Be very careful in considering a role on this team!!

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Avalara Response

Sr. Manager, Community Strategy

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and bring it to our attention. Avalara is committed to having people managers who support, engage, and develop the Avalarians on their teams, so your feedback is concerning. We’d like to learn more about what you’ve observed so that we can continue to improve, please contact avalisten@avalara.com to follow up.

Discover more reviews about Avalara.

Avalara Photos

+ Add Photo
Avalara photo of: Avalara executives and event emcee at Connect 2022.
Avalara photo of: Avalarians celebrate PRIDE at an event organized by the PRISM employee resource group
Avalara photo of: Employees enjoy a hot dog BBQ sponsored by Veterans of Avalara
Avalara photo of: Grace Hopper Celebration attendees in Orlando, Florida
Avalara photo of: AfroTech World attendees pause for a photo at the Avalara booth
Avalara photo of: Customer Success team works on cases during the Bug Bash
Avalara photo of: Teams meet on the steps in our Durham office.