AvalonBay Communities - Well-rounded Company | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Well-rounded Company"

Current Employee - Middle Management in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Middle Management in Arlington, VA

I have been working at AvalonBay Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Spirit of Caring is real. Partners with American Red Cross to hold on site blood drives and offers a company match during times of disaster. Pays associates their full salary to volunteer at company-sponsored events (Habitat for Humanity builds, ForKids builds, regattas, food packing, etc.)

Cons

Compensation a little low in some cases compared to market

Advice to Management

Invest more in formal leadership development - there are great people that have the raw material to lead the company in the future.

Nov 15, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. That's great advice about leadership development, especially since many at AVB come up through the ranks. Helping our promising associates become future... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "promotions"

Current Employee - Lead Tech in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Tech in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at AvalonBay Communities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great for promoting within the company

Cons

no complaints at all at this time

Nov 15, 2017 – Human Resources

We're glad you chose to grow your career at AVB. Thanks for your hard work and for being part of this great team!

2. "A Company that understands you"

Current Employee - Community Consultant in Randolph, MA
    Current Employee - Community Consultant in Randolph, MA

I have been working at AvalonBay Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Avalon ensures that you are not just an employee but a team member. They ensure that we are heard and understood. I have had multiple training classes, but not just from a trainer who has not idea what leasing is like, it has always been from someone who has (or is currently) doing the exact job that I am doing. I love that we can all get together and exchange ideas, concerns and experiences. What is better is that Avalon encourages and sponsors these unions. I feel like I am part of family!

Cons

Seems as though some decisions that could easily be made onsite (lower management) are not allowed and take a little longer to get an answer. I have not been here long enough to see the advantage of this.

Nov 8, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for sharing! So glad you've enjoyed some excellent training thus far, as well as the collaborative environment at AVB. Thanks for your feedback regarding decisionmaking as well. I encourage... More

Discover more reviews about AvalonBay Communities.