Avanade - Great career growth opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

"Great career growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Group Manager/Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Group Manager/Solutions Architect in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to learn a lot about consulting and technology. Lots of opportunity to grow your career from the entry level up to architects. Benefits that you don't see at other consulting companies such as training you when you are between projects (and paying you for it). Access to mentors that can provide guidance to move up the career tree for those that need a little more guidance.

Cons

The culture at Avanade can vary greatly from area to area which can be confusing when you are a traveling consultant.

Advice to Management

Need to offer more opportunities to build a cohesive Avanade culture, need to have some in person meetings (they cant all be virtual).

Other Employee Reviews for Avanade

"Disorganized, disjointed, and lacking direction"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good benefits
    -Paid certifications
    -Big emphasis on training

Cons

This is hands down the most unorganized organization I've ever been a part of. The training boot camp I attended was an utter waste of time. To their credit, i've spent MONTHS on the bench without getting laid off, but with no growth to show for it.

They expanded RADICALLY into several new Microsoft platforms (AX, CRM, GP), but just don't seem to have gotten the business to staff these people. I do not see a good future for these practices.

Advice to Management

People here aren't stupid and have worked for other consulting firms before--don't treat us like we are when you say "that's just consulting."

"Be Prepared to Learn and Travel as Never Before"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to grow your career by working on large scale projects at big companies. Can be staffed on an Accenture team which is a further opportunity to learn. Not all work is technical delivery, some is pure consulting which for technical people is a chance to move up.

Cons

If you're staffed on a technical delivery project be prepared for 75/25 offshore/onshore ratio; in this scenario you will work 16 hour days to keep delivery on schedule. Don't bother if you can't swing a 100% travel schedule including trips to India; Avanade has a wide reach and Accenture wider still.

Advice to Management

Offer incentive based pay to solution architects who do the heavy lifting on writing proposals and winning new work.