Avanade - Great place to work, salary could be stronger. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

"Great place to work, salary could be stronger."

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great, talented people working at Avanade. I feel confident in the hiring process and most of the people who I work with I find to be good communicators and tech savvy. In addition, Avanade puts a good deal of focus on employee training giving a set amount of training hours per year, vouchers towards certification, etc. Combined with access to books24x7 and an MSDN developer license, it is definitely a culture where you have the ability to continually learn on the job and have access to great resources. Also, there are a variety of different projects to work on so you are able to constantly get exposed to new business, new technology, etc.. The work atmosphere is fairly relaxed and friendly which is also important to me.

Cons

I think we have great benefits, but the overall salary compensation is a little less than some other competing businesses. In addition, as Avanade has grown as a company they have done away with some of the small touches that I felt differentiated them from bigger companies (paid cell phone bill, $2000 a year for tech toys, etc.)

Advice to Management

As we grow as a company, I would encourage Avanade to continue to find ways to make its employees and think of ways to distinguish our benefits from some of its competitors.

Other Employee Reviews for Avanade

1. "An exceptional company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional Development Training, Interesting work, Meet Great People, Work with Fortune 500 companies, and great career development

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge, 100% Travel is not for everyone

2. "Great compared to many similar consulting companies."

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never get hassled about travel arrangements. I typically stay at any hotels I like within reason, fly the airlines I like and always get a decent per diem. When you travel for a living, this is a big deal!

Management and teammates are typically high quality. The job has the potential to expose you to many elements of the IT world (given its Microsoft based). Lots of paid training time (80 hours a year) and the company also pays for all Microsoft Certifications (they pay for two tries per exam).

There is an opportunity to rise in the company quickly, with each promotion carrying 10-15% increases in pay typically.

Cons

The job is ALL TRAVEL! If you don't like travelling, this job isn't for you. Some projects just stink and you can do little but gut it out and hope to be on to the next soon. Every project has a new boss, some are good, some are bad. In my experience they tend to be decent or better.

Advice to Management

Focus on reinforcing communication between teammates. The biggest problem I encounter over and over again on projects are due to small breakdowns in communication. When everyone is working remotely, it becomes key to success.