Avanade - Great Opportunities, Crappy Life Balance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avanade

"Great Opportunities, Crappy Life Balance"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Avanade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great company with great people. There are many benefits to being a child company of Accenture and Microsoft. It was a great place to start my consulting career and I would recommend it to anyone that can withstand the impact to their life when it comes to travel.

Cons

Travel, plain and simple. I thought I could handle it, and I did for a while, but it took it's toll on myself and my wife. In the end it just wasn't a good fit.

Advice to Management

It is something I believe they already do, but staff local as much as possible. I think I was involved in a downturn of the Dallas market which had me traveling out of region.

Other Employee Reviews for Avanade

1. "I didn't choose consulting to sit at home with nothing to do"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avanade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training program for new hires. The people I have met are great. Some upper level people are really good about reaching out to new hires

Cons

I've been working from home unstaffed since I got out of training 4 months ago, which is the total opposite of what I was told throughout the recruiting process (80% travel, working in project teams, being around people, etc). I haven't met any coworkers except at the one company event there has been, and the office is always empty. All this is especially frustrating when I moved across the country not knowing a soul, based on promises of travel and working with people...instead I've been ignored for 4 months, as have the others from my training class. No new hire should be expected to sit with no real work to do for 4 months, or anyone for that matter.

Advice to Management

Be honest about this new operating model-is this going to mean no travel/increased virtual projects or not? Have a place for new hires to go when they get out of training-very unmotivating to sit at home alone for 4 months, not to mention wasteful of good talent. Stop sending emails talking about "record sales" and then telling us we may not be staffed for 9 more months...clearly that isn't right

2. "Great and progressive environment to work in....."

Former Contractor - Financial Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Financial Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Avanade as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very focused group of employees, technology based solutions company providing exposure to international resources. Fantastic learning environment to allow you to reach your full potential.

Cons

No cons come to my mind

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work for fostering team / individual effort all the while being professional....