Avantor - Good work culture and growth is always over here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avantor

"Good work culture and growth is always over here"

Current Employee - Key Accounts Executive in Ankleshwar (India)
Current Employee - Key Accounts Executive in Ankleshwar (India)

I have been working at Avantor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anybody can learn lots of things here which will lead him/her to a better person in the corporate world

Cons

Stretched goals which is little disturbed in personal life

Advice to Management

No advice

Other Employee Reviews for Avantor

"Better than it was, but uphill battles are ahead to get people motivated and excited"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Avantor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career opportunities are currently second to none. There is a lot to learn and do as a result of being as lean as we are and going through our more recent mergers, which some may like and others may find too much to handle.

My management is great and I know there are lot of legacy managers here who are also excellent. Knowledgeable about the business and putting the company on the right path, although sometimes they result to being too tactical when they should be strategic, just because of how lean we are.

Again, the people. There are some genuinely great people who are still here and the company has a promising future ahead of it with the merger with VWR. Many are nervous but hopeful for what's to come with the merger with VWR, just as long as upper management remains transparent enough along the way and "curve balls" are kept to a minimum.

Cons

The company doesn't have a good culture right now. Any culture that was leftover from previous management and legacy employees, many of which were with the company for long tenures prior to leaving for better opportunities or getting laid off, is gone.

Upper management is capable, certainly more so than they have been in the past years of revolving doors of management, but not as visible as they should be as a result of all of the merger activity and not as transparent as they should be.

Upper management has also been too focused on the numbers in the past several years to care about the finer points of employee satisfaction. There is low energy from years of being "right sized" to the point where the company is too lean. People are overworked and wearing too many hats, even beyond what is expected in today's workforce of multitasking and taking on more than one set of responsibilities.

Advice to Management

There are still a lot of talented people here who hung on or came back during what has been a tough couple of years, likely to get tougher over the coming months. Management needs to be open and honest, give people the credit they deserve, and motivate and encourage people for what's to come to help manage this fear of mass layoffs and company HQ moving almost an hour away that a lot of us are feeling on a day to day basis. Nothing in the rumor mill may prove to be true in the long run, but in the short run would cause us to lose more good people. If there ever was a time for upper management to step up and show employees what the vision and plan is going to be, to be open and transparent about how it is going to get done, and to just be human about the challenges and opportunities facing us as a result, now is the time.

"Challenging place to work"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Phillipsburg, NJ
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Phillipsburg, NJ

I worked at Avantor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not a lot of pros

Cons

Management is tearing the union apart daily. Doesn't seem to have a visible path forward. They've been trying to dump the company for years without success. Now it looks like they're turning it into an IPO a few years from now. Union is miserable and angry as management tears it apart.
    They have trouble paying vendors and often items won't be delivered until overdue payments are completed.
    Flat management structure, no movement.