Avascent - Exciting Company with Growth Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avascent

"Exciting Company with Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Avascent is a relatively specialized company that places a tremendous amount of responsibility in the hands of analysts from day one. It is a challenging but supportive work environment that continually pushes very smart "young people" to think critically and learn to spin up on very technical topics in a short period of time. Analysts are given direct interaction with Clients and allowed to take ownership of growing tasks as they develop an understanding of government regulated markets and the defense space.

Cons

There is not as much travel as other Consulting firms given that much of the customer base is located near the Washington, DC area. That is both a positive and a negative however more travel opportunities would be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Avascent

1. "Great place to start a career"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Avascent full-time

Pros

Avascent was my first employer out of college and I worked there for 2.5 years - it was a fantastic place to start my career. The company provides strong mentorship and ample feedback which is always important but particularly in a first job. The company's upper management is friendly and open and genuinely interested in getting to know more junior staff. As an analyst, senior analyst, and consultant, I gained a strong toolkit of research, analysis, presentation, and management skills. As I moved into a new job the value of these skills only became more clear.

Cons

The hours can be long and the work can be stressful at times. As at any company, there are some mid-level folks who push a lot of work down onto more junior folks. However, this serves to encourage the development of strong time management skills.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on creating a strong sense of camaraderie among staff.

2. "Senior Analyst"

I have been working at Avascent full-time

Pros

Interesting work and client opportunities

Cons

Long hours and unpredictable schedules