Avascent - Interesting Clients & Great Culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avascent

"Interesting Clients & Great Culture"

Current Employee - Analyst
Current Employee - Analyst

Pros

Work can be very interesting at times, opportunities for advancement, not too much travel, great group of coworkers, tons of social events.

Cons

Many projects are very similar and can become tedious, more travel would be nice as would exposure outside of the defense industry.

Advice to Management

Middle management could improve downward mgmt/communication skills, otherwise keep up the good work!

Other Employee Reviews for Avascent

"Un endroit où le travail, les valeurs solides et des rires imprévus peuvent vraiment coexister."

I have been working at Avascent full-time (More than 5 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

1. La reconnaissance, la satisfaction personnelle et les perspectives de carrières qui ne sont possibles que dans un environnement qui ne récompense seulement le travail honnête et sérieux (sans aucune discrimination ou « plafond de verre » que l’on trouv

Cons

La consultation en gestion n'est pas pour tout le monde ou tout le monde sur le long terme. Les inconvénients qui viennent du fait de travailler à Avascent (comme les longues heures de travail, devoir travailler avec des développements inattendus, etc.) sont tous liés à la nature de ce travail particulier et le niveau de responsabilités personnelles confiées à tous les employés, jeunes comme plus anciens. Si l'un est courant parmi les consultants, l'autre ne l'est certainement pas.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Avascent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Avascent is a great place to work for a variety of reasons. Most of the work is highly engaging, and the diversity of projects ensures that you'll rarely be bored (or if you are, then it won't be for long). The culture is collaborative, authentic, and supportive, and people genuinely enjoy working together. The expectations are high - but this is because the firm wants to achieve excellence, and this requires setting high standards. I also respect that its management supports civic engagement with numerous community service events every year - during the workday, rather than the more common "Yes, you should support the community...but on your own time."

The people are what make the company distinct though. I found my colleagues to be caring, driven, thoughtful, and intellectually curious. The relationships I built there are ones I'll value for years to come.

Cons

In my opinion, none of the "Cons" of Avascent are unique to the firm but are common challenges of small firms or of the broader defense industry. Like many entrepreneurial firms, staffing and personal growth can be ad hoc and relationship-based, despite attempts to add structure. This can make it harder for mid-career hires to navigate a path, though the firm has taken many steps to rectify this. And as with the broader defense industry, Avascent is not the most diverse at the top levels of the firm, though it recognizes this as well and is working to improve the situation. I credit its management with working hard to be self-aware of its shortcomings, and putting time and effort into fixing them.

Advice to Management

The improvements you made or were in the process of making while I was there seemed like the right ones. I appreciated the focus on continual improvement, and I suspect the current and future employees will too.