Avaya - Territory Account Manager | Glassdoor

"Territory Account Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Allentown, PA
Former Employee - Territory Account Manager in Allentown, PA

I worked at Avaya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay and benefits, company has lots of customers and name recognition

Cons

terrible management and company has $6 billion in debt

Advice to Management

If you hire a sales person give them a territory the same size as everyone else

Other Employee Reviews for Avaya

"Good company, Good people, future questionable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of smart and good people to work with.
    Good pay and benefits (although benefits have decreased recently)
    Flexible with work schedule and times - as long as you perform and get your work done

Cons

Not convinced of financial viability. Was a former Nortel employee who got picked up by Avaya when Nortel went bankrupt. The exodus of executives and explanations of missing the numbers and assurances of future success had same tone as the final years at Nortel. They were pushing a volunteer separation package to minimize the number of layoffs. I jumped on it. No coincidence that the majority of people who took the package were former Nortel employees. We have seen this movie before and know how it ends. With that said, though, the communicated layoffs to take place after the separation packages never occurred to the best of my knowledge and they are hiring in the RTP area.

Another similarity with Nortel is that as people left the company, they were not back-filled and either their work got pushed on to those remaining or just dissolved. good to avoid layoffs, but crippled ability to have a career path as promotions and job movement seemed pretty stagnant (to me at least)

Advice to Management

seems to be too much turnover at the executive levels. spend a year or two changing things to support a philosophy, then exec leaves, new one comes in and spend the next year or two changing things back to the way they were, then repeat process. i don't think this is limited to Avaya, but still seems an issue to me in limiting efficiency and growth.

"Not good almost cost me everything"

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Avaya full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Did not see any. Local management was interested in a takeover so they could cash out from previous investment. The all left and new management had to restart local branch. New management is excellent but it must be tough on her in NYC.

Cons

Did not enjoy experience. I came from Nortel and they did not beleive in selling the newest products they had. Old sales guys sold old gear and new apps sat on the shelf. Contact Center was not backed by management and they let it ride casuing many in CC sales to bale out. Loss of excellent people to other companies. Cause of heart attack from the stress and loss of short term memory. It was too much. No enjoyment. Many Nortel customer left on the side of the road. I now make extra cash cleaning up the customers they let slide.. Any WFO or Call Recording folks it is ripe for picking

Advice to Management

Get with the program, you are losing Marketshare. Some applications in CC area have a 16 week wait for install or admin work by professional services. No coverage on WFO, Contact Recording. recruiter are calling everywhere looking for help