Avaya - Avaya has been a great start to my career and has helped me build skills that I didn't know I was capable of acquiring. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

"Avaya has been a great start to my career and has helped me build skills that I didn't know I was capable of acquiring."

Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Channel Account Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Avaya full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about Avaya is the energy and motivation that the employees bring to the company. The innovation at the company will take it to new heights! Being able to work virtually from anywhere in the world is a great flexibility. This also allows for great work/personal life balance.

Cons

The name of the company isn't out there like the competitors are. Marketing just needs to be more for the company for people to know who exactly Avaya is during a random conversation.

Advice to Management

Encouraging further education would only be beneficial to the company in the long run. So having reimbursement plans for that would be great.

Other Employee Reviews for Avaya

1. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Avaya full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, industry leader in many segments, strong history, people really care to do the right thing

Cons

Executive leadership seems a bit lost. Bonuses are few, far between and not very impressive. "Do more with less" is being taken to new heights.

Advice to Management

Decide what to focus on and do it well, you don't have the resources to be everything to everybody.

2. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Southfield, MI

I worked at Avaya full-time

Pros

Avaya products and solution are tops in their class and their people are intelligent with good work ethics. The salaries are good and so are the benefits.

Cons

The current leadership seems to be conflicted in the direction that Avaya will be going. Having much of their backbone support remotely located in non- US countries has opened up complaints from internal employees and customers because of language issues with this foreign staff.

Advice to Management

Having the backbone support located in the US makes more sense for US customers and employees. The constant repeating of information because you can not understand what the person is saying is an unreasonable burden for customers especially.