Avaya - Management is a bunch of micro-managers from Oracle. When they offered me a package to retire I could wait to get out. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avaya

"Management is a bunch of micro-managers from Oracle. When they offered me a package to retire I could wait to get out."

Former Employee - Systems Applications Specialist in Highlands Ranch, CO
Former Employee - Systems Applications Specialist in Highlands Ranch, CO

Pros

pay, benefits, training, and location.

Cons

Too much micro-managing,"Big Brother" systems: Nice, Blue Pumpkin . Too many road blocks to do your job.

Advice to Management

As a boss I had several years said "he would tell you what needed to be done and get out of you way and let you do your job."

Other Employee Reviews for Avaya

1. "Don't work here"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Denver, CO

Pros

They have a lot of offices and transferring is a possibilitiy

Cons

You are expected to work beyond reasonable hours. No perks. No bonuses. No fun.

Advice to Management

Create a better product strategy to stay ahead instead of following the footsteps of competitors.

"Project Manager at Avaya"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Virtual Office - worked from home. Allowed me to be self-directed with very remote management. Able to set my own hours as long as the work was done.

Very flexible with time off and family duties. Never ran into an issue with that at all.

Cons

Easy to get caught in projects out on a limb, and hard to transfer laterally within Avaya.

Going through headcount trimming now that they acquired NES. A lot of cuts are into the bone and people are having a hard time doing their jobs.

Even though I got praised for my performance, I never got a monetary award from those doing the praising, even though there was a system set up to do that. I gave several monetary awards to those whose work I appreciated.

Advice to Management

Do what you need to do to keep the business running. I'd like to say it would be nice if you could look for transitions for employees before you lay them off, but I understand it's part of business these days.