Avectra - Heart breaking! | Glassdoor

"Heart breaking!"

I worked at Avectra (More than 3 years)

Pros

The products and their capabilities (if used properly) are fantastic! The employees below management level were truly super-wonderful individuals! I could go on and on about how much opportunity I saw in a good product with a freely-sharing knowledgable staff to meet continuously increasing customer demands. Let me be clear, I loved working for this company.

Cons

The silos and the politics! I understand and have appreciation for both, however management (and their higher-ups), constantly kept each other in the dark. The hypocrisy is practically head-spinning and is a complete and total devastation of morale for employees.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter what I say, it only matters what they'll hear... and these folks aren,t that good when it comes to listening to either their customers or their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Avectra

1. "Would not consider returning in any capacity"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Avectra full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Colleagues were very professional. Product was mature and highly regarded by user community.

Cons

Pack mentality between departments interfered with overall success of organization.

Advice to Management

Nurture customers and staff. The industry that you support will be unforgiving unless you treat them with both care and respect.

2. "Association for Everything"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Avectra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance, good team work, great resources, great divided territories, great conceptual product. telecommute option, work directly with customers

Cons

Working with associations, long sales cycle, not a lot of lead generation, product is under developed, customer service, turnover, pricing model