Avery Dennison - In the beginning, I grew exponentially by later plateaued | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avery Dennison

"In the beginning, I grew exponentially by later plateaued"

Former Employee - Six Sigma Master Black Belt in Mentor, OH
Former Employee - Six Sigma Master Black Belt in Mentor, OH

I worked at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and they had decent performance reviews and planning

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth and career path not readily defined

Advice to Management

Leverage your people to better identify business improvement opportunities and to empower them to act upon them

Other Employee Reviews for Avery Dennison

1. "Sr. Supply Chain Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Manager in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Manager in Brea, CA

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Senior Leadership takes care to develop and deploy well thought out improvement strategies. Solid efforts are made to develop key personnel.

Cons

Deteriorating business has resulted in high turnover.

"Think twice about your future at Avery Dennison, Quakertown, PA.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Avery Dennison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Op3 machine operators have it easy. Half is of what they do is working and the other half is just standing around, and or just talking..
    Coater operator team is even easier. One quarter is working and the other 75% is talking and standing around.
    Hours of paid wages per week are somewhere between 60 to 70.

Cons

If your wife works a normal week, you will only get 1 weekend together, every 7 weeks, if you work on the coater.. Your work schedule changes weekly. Monday/Saturday off the first week...........Tuesday/Saturday off the second week, etc. They want to eliminate any overtime, so they stick it to you to set aside a 6 day work week, and only pay you for 5..

Anyone starting at this facility will be starting at the upender. It is a fast paced job, because the 2 slitters associated with it are running at full tilt. Besides upending and wrapping the skids, you have to jump on a forklift, look at the 8 or so sheets to see where they go, and waste time putting in locations or trucks. Demanding, frustrating, and most times impossible. Get your own skids, and no relief person when you take a break.

Last years raises ranged from 5 cents to 50 cents.
    The only other easy job is the rewinder operator.

All machines are rated, and if you have areas in your chart that are red, they call you in for an explanation.
    This facility is a military compound, with all supervisors being ex military people.

They can't find maintenance people that want to stay. I have seen maintenance people work 21 day straight, without any days off. I have also seen 2 of them get divorces.

Benefits were changed to eliminate retirement benefits.

Everyone snitches on each other.

Advice to Management

You have made a statement the you want to have an increase of $500,000,000 in this years production.
    Personally, if I am still working there, I would love to see your stock drop down to about $10 a share. If the CEO took a bonus payment of 4.5 million dollars, even though he admitted that he did a lousy job..........then I am within my rights to expect this satisfaction.