Avid Technology - Started off as a good place to work with a high stock value, just got worst over time and lost all its value. | Glassdoor

"Started off as a good place to work with a high stock value, just got worst over time and lost all its value."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My direct manager was great. Got to visit some interesting customers and work on some cool products.

Cons

Senior management has no clue what they are doing to the point that we have been delisted and lost all our value. Was a public company yet stopped releasing financial earnings, hence the delisting. Executives want to run the company like a bank with no experience with the market Avid is in. Executives do not like any criticism of the plan and do not want to offer any specifics to the "Everywhere Strategy". Constant offshoring...

Advice to Management

Release some earnings so Avid can get back some of the reputation. At least have feature parity with the competition so we stop losing market share on all fronts.

Avid Technology2014-03-15
  1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Operations in Irvine, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What they do for students and how the prepare teachers to foster our next generation is wonderful

Cons

None, it was a great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Avid Technology2019-05-31
  2. "Great product, but terrible management"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avid Technology for more than 5 years

Pros

People I worked with were all professional and good at their jobs. Travel was interesting and clientele were often very interesting.

Cons

Getting paid once a month half way through the next month; job details often kept from contractor until or after last minute.

Advice to Management

The Salesforce system doesn't list basic info. like start and end time, and project managers sometimes do not have that information listed either.

Avid Technology2019-06-06

Discover more reviews about Avid Technology.