Avid Technology - Managed by people who do not understand the industry | Glassdoor

"Managed by people who do not understand the industry"

Current Employee - Senior Principal Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Avid Technology

Pros

* The people - we are like a family. It's rare that you see software engineers working with the same company over a decade. * The products - the stuff we make is used to make the most watched and listened to entertainment out there. * A couple of our recent acquisitions could be very potent if their integration is executed properly.

Cons

* How many many more VPs can we hire while still not allowing for new positions in necessary areas like QA. * Management has hoped for significant attrition in order to move more development offshore. * Management doesn't understand how challenging it is to develop real-time audio and video processing products like ours. This is probably the largest contributing factor to my previous 2 cons. * Employees spend too...

Advice to Management

Eliminate half of the VPs. The only thing they are doing is distancing you from your products and your greatest resource, your talented employees. Learn to communicate with your employees. We are just filling in the communication void with our own negative thoughts.

Avid Technology2010-06-15
  1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Operations in Irvine, CA

I worked at Avid Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

What they do for students and how the prepare teachers to foster our next generation is wonderful

Cons

None, it was a great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Avid Technology2019-05-31
  2. "Great product, but terrible management"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Avid Technology for more than 5 years

Pros

People I worked with were all professional and good at their jobs. Travel was interesting and clientele were often very interesting.

Cons

Getting paid once a month half way through the next month; job details often kept from contractor until or after last minute.

Advice to Management

The Salesforce system doesn't list basic info. like start and end time, and project managers sometimes do not have that information listed either.

Avid Technology2019-06-06

Discover more reviews about Avid Technology.