Avis Budget Group - slightly under paid | Glassdoor

"slightly under paid"

Former Employee - Service Agent in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Service Agent in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

You get as much overtime as you like. It's not a hard job. I really like my coworkers.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. High turnover with supervisors (I watch 3 go in 6 months).

Advice to Management

Hire more part time workers for peak work periods. Hire more experienced supervisor.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

"Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Expect to BE Threatend All the Time in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Expect to BE Threatend All the Time in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Aside from management, most of the employees are very friendly and always willing to offer a helping hand. You will even have customers who will want to laugh and chat all day with you. That was the only thing worth coming to work. I was an rsa and that was the only 2 things i loved about this company, just the overall friendliness if the staff. The pay was 10.60 an hour with commission so that was not bad either.

Cons

They really pressure you to sale, sale, and sale. They are also fans of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, meaning if you upgrade a customer to a vehicle higher then what they reserved and the customer doesn't ask about the new price, then the rsa's are not supposed to tell them. Pretty sad if you ask me, I can't tell you how many times customers have came in complaining about this. Most of the management lacks customer service when dealing with irate customers. On many occasions when I have asked the manager for help, he would throw a fit or mumble something under his breath. Very rude if you ask me. The management here are the type to throw you under the bus to save themselves. I've even known employees who work outside complaining because managers threaten to fire them. Almost every week, at least 2 people were fired. I would not recommend this company to job hunters or anyone who wants to do business with them. Customers are being ripped off and newcomers are deceived into thinking they will be there for a while. When really the company is gonna off you before your 90 days. Very dissatisfied about this job.

Advice to Management

Just a whole new managerial staff. Instead of getting rid of several new employees, why don't you take a closer look at the managers who are supposed to be helping them. Notice, I used the word "suppose"

"Will they ever learn?"

Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Mangement gets a car and they have fairly decent benefits. Their rental fleet tends to be the best in the car rental community.

Cons

Take a look at the number of management jobs posted throughout the nation for this company. I think that is very telling about the lower management program. You can expect to work a ton of hours and be threatened with your job constantly. The decisions made by City Mangement and higher are abhorrent. Best of luck if you decide to work here.

Advice to Management

Please view the numbers (from which you make ridiculous decisions) as people...not just numbers that affect your bottom line and bonuses. The small people are the ones who work tirelessly to make your financial lives better.