Avis Budget Group - OK potential to make good money if you work peak shifts, otherwise you better start looking for other opportunities. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

"OK potential to make good money if you work peak shifts, otherwise you better start looking for other opportunities."

Current Employee - RSA in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Current Employee - RSA in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

Great Co-employees.
Amazing Benefits.
High-end, large Rental Facility, easy to get to work & park.
Much over time offered, since it's always under staffed.

Cons

Ft. Lauderdale is a discounted airport, not much commission potential.
Unfair to have the same commission tiers as Miami and Orlando.
You don't get recognized for good work, but if your sales are bad, management will bash you.
Weekly observations on sales performance.

Advice to Management

Listen your your employees, treat fairly and ethically. A happy workplace will make a happy employee, therefore increase station numbers. Need better management managing fleet each night. Hard to make a commission living when there's not much opportunity to upsell. Don't lie to new employees telling them they can make $50 their first year. Be realistic, and you won't have the turnover you do.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

"Run, and keep running...."

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Charlotte, NC

Pros

It's a job.
    A few descent people to work with.

Cons

Keep selling, upgrading, and keep on some more. Yes it is a sales job, yes, you need to sell. .You have money removed from your "bucket" when customer doesn't buy. Tiered system which is stacked against you. Management promised the sun, moon and stars, but delivers nothing. Average sales commission is around $400. (despite the promises of thousands)
    You work, you do, you get paid very little.
    The deck is stacked against you in every way. Preferred, reservations, Avis 1sts, - worked and no pay. (the price of near minimum wage.)

Advice to Management

Stop the stretching truth. (which would suggest there is truth in what they are saying)
    Stop finding ways to pull money out of our pockets. (No upsale clients, preferred ) removes money from your pocket. As of Jan 1, upsales on these net you nothing....
    HR took 4 weeks to get my name right, w2's correct, and payroll direct deposit working properly.
    Turnover is unbelievable, and it is built into their system. (Very sad)

2. "Highly Stressful career with a ton on my plate"

Former Employee - Local Market Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Local Market Sales in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Definetly the people I worked with were great but many left during my tenure.
    Company Car and free gas was nice because my territory was huge.
    Territory position so I am out in the field all day.

Cons

Highly stressful everyday. Too much on my plate. ABG was a bit behind the competition in many areas, Upper management has to much emphasis on bean counting and number crunching. Too many segments to sell into and one of them really was beyond my control yet I was responsible for the territory numbers.

Advice to Management

During my short tenure here I had (2) best in class long tenure people leave, (1) manager who hired me, leave, (1) other team member moved to a different department, and (1) fired. This was all in my regions territory. Another 25 year employee left from another state. Upper management really needs to look at the position and see why all these top people are leaving the position. If it were one it wouldn't matter but there is a large trend of LMSM leaving the position who were excellent people. Crunch those numbers. Your people should be the most important thing.