Avis Budget Group - good company culture | Glassdoor

"good company culture"

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

good company culture, a very small group of driven executives runs the company, but there isn't much of an outlet to give input

Cons

the usual office politics, hard to advance

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

"Over-worked and Under-paid"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company car and nice health benefits. If in management, you can expect lose some weight because of all of the car cleaning and running around that has to be done.

Cons

Oh my goodness. When you don't have your boss breathing down your neck about numbers and reports that need to be done, then you get the added bonus of employees coming to you for every little thing under the sun, and as the cherry on top of it all you get handle customer disputes and complaints.
    You literally have to be dead inside to handle all of the drama that happens even in the first hour of work. I don't know anyone who can shrug off all of the negativity that a shift manager endures on a daily basis. Most shift managers that I know have quit due to mental or physical exhaustion or both. A shift manager's job is a constant barrage of "Fix my problem now."
    Let's talk about work/life balance for a moment. There isn't any such thing at Avis Budget. The minimum weekly requirement for a shift manager is 50 hours. If you work the afternoon/night shift; you can expect to work at least 60 hours per week because you have to stay until all of the cars are clean for the next morning. Which typically means that you have to clean cars for nearly an entire shift or end up staying even longer. When you're not cleaning cars, you are taking care of customer issues, answering your boss's thousands of phone calls about the importance of opening up 100% clean and getting all your reports (mainly observations on the rental agents done so that they can fire the next round of "low sales performers") completed. When you break down the yearly salary into hourly pay; shift managers are paid less than most of the hourly employees.
    Now let's move on to career opportunities. Generally one can move into higher position than shift manager fairly quickly at the same location. The reason for this? Manager burnout. I have seen shift managers move into airport manager positions very quickly because airport managers generally do not stay long in the position. It is nearly impossible to for one to sustain the energy level needed to be an airport manager for more than 3 years.
    Finally we come to Senior Management. Senior Management is a disgrace and they love to manage from 10,000 feet and from behind closed doors. They have been known to not only listen to gossip, but to also base your annual performance review upon it. Another favorite trick that they like to play is threatening your job. Ugh...I can't go on.

Advice to Management

Refer to the Cons section above.

2. "ok with their service"

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

they provide good benefits for their senior employees

Cons

no good working condition for low employee

Advice to Management

be sure you really want to work for them