Avis Budget Group - OK place to work | Glassdoor

"OK place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are superb and the people I worked with were great. I couldn't say anything bad about anyone I ever worked with during my time there.

Cons

Managers micro-manage you and definitely feel like you have a baby sitter at all times. As an adult, there is no reason to make your employees feel like this unless they have proven themselves as unreliable. Pay is below industry standards, but I suppose the great benefits make up for that.

Advice to Management

Look to your current employees who have the skills and knowledge of the industry. Do not only hire outside talent since they "might" bring new ideas. Start having fun again, like you used to, as going to work each day should not drain you as a person.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

1. "worked with great people"

Former Employee - Security Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Security Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you get to meet different people from all over the world, and build a relationship with the customers

Cons

I wasn't there long enough too many lay offs

Advice to Management

need more patients with their coworkers

"Not what you know, but who you BLOW!"

Current Employee - RSA in Hilo, HI
    Current Employee - RSA in Hilo, HI

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If ethical, RSA position will only earn you about 40 to 50K at best. If you have a lack of ethics you can make well over $100,000 per year with decent benefits.

Cons

Low quality and weak management at all levels, but hey, if management were any good or even at least average they would be somewhere else. In general, I have found management to be ill tempered, dishonest liars. Management is aware of crooked RSA tactics, but chose to look the other way and ignore what they do. Instead they focus on the honest employee's. It is a very sad situation.

Advice to Management

Quit! Some long time management are functionally illiterate. They just stumble through every day hoping that they won't be exposed as the fraud that they are. They do not follow the "Do the right thing" values that the company claims. Management is really a bad joke at best.