Avis Budget Group - I should have joined a long time ago! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

"I should have joined a long time ago!"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, Great perks, Great coworkers, Customer Led, Service Driven is a true statement. Long term employment is a reality with the Avis Budget Group . Great Training, Encourage RSA's to make their own decisions.

Cons

Slight lack of communication between managers and RSA's. CSR's and Shuttle drivers are under-appreciated by most of the RSA's.

Advice to Management

Make all new RSA's spend 40 hours assisting CSR's and Shuttle drivers to gain an appreciation for the hard work the RSA's know very little about.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

1. "1 year into my sentence"

Current Employee - RSA in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - RSA in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance, great training programs, get to see latest cars, meet world travelers.

Cons

Management is horrible, co workers are overly competitive sociopaths who lie to deflect from their lack of sales. Unfair commission structure.

Advice to Management

Wake up!

"Only good as a temporary job while you look for another one."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

*If you like working overtime, then that is definitely going to be a pro for you with Avis/Budget
    *If you are looking for benefits [health, dental, vision, 401k, etc.].. they offer all that here.
    *If you like being part of a union, they have one here.

Cons

Okay, where to start

*Speaking of overtime, after your 90 probation period, that can start giving you mandatory overtime. Just recently, I was scheduled to work 2-10 P.M. I had switched shifts with a co-worker of mine [10-6] because me friend had a going away party [moving across the country permanently]. I had told this to a manager during my workday. That same manager then proceeded to hand me 4 mandatory overtime hours, and I had to stay until 10 anyway. I complained and asked if I can just leave, especially since it was dead. He threatened to write me up if I left. This is a common practice at Avis.

*The weather conditions are terrible. I got frost bite during the winter and have almost fainted a few times in the heat so far.

*Sorely underpaid for the amount of work we do. You start at 11.20 and hour. Job duties include: Checking in customers when they return their cars, inspecting the cars for damage then writing incident reports, handle customer concerns and try helping them out, dispatching and putting cars into the system to they are ready to rent, greeting customers as they get off the bus, working at the counter giving out cars to Preferred or Fastbreak members, working the exit gate, doing inventory and scanning every car on the lot, etc. CSR's probably do more work than anyone else there [including operation managers] and only 11.20 an hour? Get out of here with that.

*The union has made employees lazy, which makes it harder on the new guys. What I mean by this is that employees that have been there for several years use the union to their advantage and basically sit around doing nothing. So when you first start off there, all the work burden is on you. And it will be for a while.

*Seniority prevails. The longer you're there, the better hours you get. Meaning when you start out, you'll get a terrible schedule. You'll probably be stuck on that terrible schedule for AT LEAST 2 years because of the high turnover rate. It's hard to gain seniority when so many people behind you that get hired keep quitting.

*Managers don't care about your suggestions to improve the workplace. They think they know what works even though they aren't the ones out there doing the job. Time after time, their plan fails... and then the complain to us about the job not getting done right.

*Company is fueled by fear. The op. managers try scaring us into doing a better job. The district manager tries scaring the op. Managers into doing a better job. The city manager tries scaring the district manager into doing a better job. It's sickening.