Avis Budget Group - Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

"Poor Rental Sales Agent Training At Counter"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent
Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits

Large blocks of slow periods at my location.

I am single, so I don't mind working weekends, holidays, odd shifts.

Due to my previous work history, there is ample room for advancement.

Cons

Operations managers are nice but do not perform some of their duties to adequate levels. For example:

They don't train the rental sales agents at the counter, despite the fact that it is their policy to do so.

Poor/slow resupply of smaller vehicles from the cleaning department, and slow shuttle drivers. How many shuttle drivers does it take to change a light bulb?

I accepted and even embraced their upselling and selling of add-on products. However, when we have a longer rental period from a customer, such as 3 weeks, with no upsell or add-ons, it drags our average down.

If we don't meet sales expectations, we can be let go. Maybe they should place less weight on these longer rentals as it pertains to our average. This is the reason I will not recommend this company to friends.

Advice to Management

Accountability for ops managers on above. These are not difficult components to manage, but there isn't a mechanism to double check that they are performing these duties.

My location has several employees that have been here for more than 10 years. They catch/fix some of these problems. The portion that fall through this line of defense result in service failures to the customers.

Replace the antique DOS reservation system LOL.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

1. "It is a fast-paced environment with a business causal culture."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time

Pros

Full-time employees are offered medical insurance, flexible hours, teamwork when necessary, numerous returning customers, commission, uniforms, business casual, ability to drive multiple cars, incentives for high achievers and fast-paced employment opportunity.

Cons

No formal training, lack of professional communication, unorganized chaos and wasteful paper consumption.

Advice to Management

I would suggest an anonymous or employee suggestion box. Overall, this company could improve and increase their bottom line, retain employees and increase customer service, if employees could participate and it is utilized to benefit the company. Happy employees may increase productivity and customer satisfaction.

2. "Great stable company, outstanding benefits and advancement to grow!"

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You gain "corporate" knowledge in a family atmosphere. High expectations are set for each person so it's not the job for the lazy. Benefits and incentive plans are fantastic. I enjoy the constant challenges and everyday learning, never a dull moment! Love working for ABG!

Cons

Some management are strechted to thin, communication needs improvement. Unions are horrible, taking employees money for no reason.

Advice to Management

Keep up the recognition with all employees!