Avis Budget Group - The moon and the stars promised, nothing delivered. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Avis Budget Group

"The moon and the stars promised, nothing delivered."

Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to know a lot about customers and vehicles. You're taught how to sell and given feedback about it.

Cons

Payroll does not send your check on time. Your last check, isn't sent, at all, you have to call HR and fight them for your hard earned money. They don't tell you that both your hourly and commissions are heavily taxed. Working 50+ hours per week, I was only making $8 an hour, in a really stressful environment. We were terribly understaffed and had to handle long lines of frustrated customers while trying to sell them different products. Not a good gig.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. Hire more people. Don't take advantage of the employees. Tell your employees that ethics are important but they rarely come into play at work, so leave your values at home.

Other Employee Reviews for Avis Budget Group

"Great Family/Work life"

Current Employee - Pricing Analyst Level II in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Pricing Analyst Level II in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers are Fair and the benefits are decentt. The work/home life is great. They really value family and family time. They have flex hours in the summer to get home to the family. They have floating holidays and let you leave early the day before a holiday.

Cons

Training was almost non existent. The salary is on the lower end compared to other companies. They lack support for growth in certain areas. We have the ability to work from home, however they do not allow it unless it benefits them (like working after hours or on weekends)

Advice to Management

Management generally has good communication with employees, certain areas in the company do not promote growth within the company. The company in certain departments has a high turnover rate.

2. "Excited to be part of the group!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The high employee retention rate and opportunity for growth within the company was what initially peaked my interest. It was apparent that Avis Budget Group values and supports the advancement of their employees. As for the culture, I experienced it first hand during my initial visit to headquarters; everyone greeted me with a smile and appeared genuinely happy to be there. That spoke volumes to me!

Cons

I have not experienced any challenges up to this point.